Feature Film: Drama filming in Indianapolis & surrounding areas; tentatively scheduled for April 2015
"Losing Breen" tells the story of a family's struggles when their beloved Breen is stricken with Early
On-Set Alzheimer's Disease. Breen's mother, Anne, and son, Bryan, often butt heads on what is the best course of care for Breen. All-the-while, Anne and Bryan are both have their own secret battles to deal with.
- Anne Losslee: 60yr+ of caucasian female: stubborn and outspoken. Believes no one could possibly take care of Breen better than she. Battling her own health issues on top of dealing with constant conflicts with her grandson, Bryan.
- Bryan Losslee: 22-ishyr old caucasian male: loving son of Alzheimer's stricken Breen. Constantly conflicted with his feelings of obligations to care for his mother and with starting a life with his fiance, Hope. Bryan has a roller-coaster of emotions from happiness and contentment to depression and despair. Actor must be able to believably portray these real emotions.
Nowhere Nothin' ...
Project Type: Feature Film
About the Project
A reckless rock & roll musician must reevaluate his life when he returns to his small hometown for his younger sister's wedding.
Project Filming Dates: January - February 2015
- Jake Sinclair (27) The former frontman of the once promising alt-country band The Strangers, Jake is a talented but fledgling musician with a devil-may-care attitude. Jake left the band and moved to LA five years ago, where he is often the life of the party and embraces burning the candle at both ends. Jake's rowdiness is thrown into sharp contrast when he returns to his small hometown of Wawasee to attend his sister Claire's wedding.
- Claire Sinclair (21) Jake's younger sister and the reason for Jake's return home. She is his biggest cheerleader and also the most critical of him. Unlike Jake, Claire has grown to learn to meet life's curveballs with remarkable intelligence, humor and grace, harboring a wisdom beyond her youth. She is incredibly faithful and selfless with her family and friends, and is seen as a Guardian Angel of the community. She wants to bring Jake back into the family fold, but her patience is challenged by his carelessness.
- Rachel Avery (27) Jake's former girlfriend and bandmate. A strong woman who relates to Jake's penchant for self-destruction more than she cares to admit, Rachel has learned from the mistakes of her past and worked hard to build a life in Wawasee. Jake's sudden reappearance, and insistence on spending time with her, brings up old feelings and opens up old wounds, throwing her best laid plans for a loop.
- Graham Williams (24) Claire's fiance. A bit of a dolt, what Graham lacks in intelligence he makes up for with his love and loyalty to family. Jake's approval means the world to him, and he hopes to become friends with Jake during his stay, but Graham's straight laced ways continue to embarrass Jake.
- Lou Walsh (27) Jake's former best friend and bandmate, Lou and Jake have not spoken since Jake left for LA five years ago. Lou has always wanted to get out of Wawasee and is bitter towards Jake for leaving the band for LA and his subsequent perceived success.
- Sully Teller (34) Sully was The Strangers manager/driver and is Jake's partner-in-crime when he returns home. One of the few black citizens of Wawasee, he is seen as an outsider, especially for his rambunctious ways and peculiar sense of humor. He found a home with the younger Strangers and bonded with them over their shared love of rock & roll. Sully is essentially a big kid at heart, and shares the same live-in-the-moment attitude as Jake, but may have a secret life kept hidden from Jake to keep the good times going.
- Kaley (17) A young high school senior who Jake becomes romantically involved with when she lies about her age. Kaley adulates Jake and sees him as a rebellious escape from her dull life in Wawasee.
Non-Union / Paid
Love of a Lifetime
Feature Film Audition
Audition Location: Indianapolis
Audition Date: October 18, 2014 (1:00 pm)
About the Project
Casting call for a movie called Love of a Lifetime based on the novel by Denise Hill.
There are paid and non paid roles.
Love of a Lifetime is a passionate love and suspense story about a man who lets the love of his life slip through his fingers, years later, he gets a second chance, but when tragedy strikes, it leaves the life of his unborn child and the love of his life fighting for their lives.
Jordan Daniels has spent years in and out of worthless relationships and is just about to give up on love when he learns that someone special, someone that has occupied a place in his heat for years has moved back to Indianapolis.
Jasmine Smith walks away from her marriage after years of physical and verbal abuse. She returns to Indianapolis where she lands her dream job. Jasmine never expects to work for the man who has held a piece of her hearts since her childhood years, but when the opportunity presents itself, she jumps for it not knowing the affect Jordan will have on her.
Jordan and Jasmine share an encounter that neither one will ever forget, but what they don't know is the person who is out to destroy Jordan's company, is also threatening to destroy what they could have together along with their unborn child.
Project Filming Dates: January - June 2015
- Jordan Daniels- black male ages 42-48
- Jasmine Smith - black female ages 42-48
- Danielle Black female 42-48
- Donnie black male 43-48
- Mark Daniels 38-44
- Matthew Daniels black male 44-46
- Savannah black female 45-46
- Theresa black female 45-46
- Monica Daniels black female 43-45
- Sheila black female 42-45
- Brenda black female 38-40
- Vanessa Black female 38-42
- Jared Cole black male 39-42
- Jonathan Cole Black male 45-48
- Mrs. Cole Black female 62-68
- Ronnie 43-48 Black female
- Sheila 40-45 Black female
- Roberto- Black male 40-45
- Alexis- black female 20-25
- Sonny- White male 35-40
- Thomas- white male blue eyes 42-45
- Mrs. Daniels black female 62-68
- 2 black male children 7-9
- 1 black female child 10-12
- 12 hip hop dancers
- 25 fillers
Non-Union / Paid
Registration to Post
Auditions & Casting Calls
ACTING MIDWEST website is recruiting content providers (Authors) to post their auditions & casting calls on the website.
After a recent CRASH of the software database that we use, Acting Midwest is starting over from scratch. Originally formed in April 2008, it was a very popular site for screen and stage actors looking for acting jobs. Bob Cooke would search the web throughout a six state area from Kentucky to Michigan & Wisconsin and repost auditions and casting calls that he found.
In February 2013, health issues made it impossible to spend the long hours it took to keep the site current. The decision was made to switch to having everyone post their own articles.
Acting Midwest is a totally free site. We don't charge production companies to post calls. We don't charge actors to use the site. We don't sell our mailing list or send spam. We don't even accept donations. We DO accept auditions and casting calls for publication.
Register now to become an author